This website provides teacher assessment rubrics specifically designed for dual language and language immersion education (DLI) contexts.
On this website you will find:
- a preservice teacher rubric
- an inservice teacher rubric
- a self-assessment rubric to facilitate teacher reflection
- a teacher workbook with examples corresponding to rubric descriptors
- description of target audiences, rubric development, rubric levels, and recommended rubric usage
- a list of resources that informed rubric development
- a list of scholarly works related to rubric development and use
The rubrics are research-based, context-dependent, formative, developmental, and educative – ideally teachers will learn and improve their practices by interacting with these rubrics. Our goal is for the rubrics to be utilized to support DLI teacher preparation and professional development.